Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snowed in!

Excited that it warmed up enough to ride a little today & there was no wind! Troy got up early (he works nights) just so I could go riding, while he waited around for the UPS guy. (he NEVER came!)
I bundled up in record time! TAZ was not too overly thrilled about being saddled up.
We rode 5.5 miles. Would have tried for a couple more but each Level B road I took was blocked with DEEP snow drifts! So, TAZ & I just turned around & headed back. I was alright by it as I didn't want to get TAZ sweat ed up. It still gets cold at night & I don't blanket them. (I don't own a blanket) Christmas wish list, a fleece/wool cooler?
Finally figured out how to add MP3 music to my cell phone, so it was nice to listen to some of the songs while riding. I think TAZ enjoyed it too.
Arrived back home just in time, sun setting, the hunters were back out...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/20666654

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Nice! I thought of riding but the mules were slipping on our slopes.
Our woods are a bit tricky in deep snow.

I'm so glad you got to ride!

Christine said...

I hear ya! With all this snow riding IS a bit of a challange! But it's more fun than riding in MUD... (shhhh! That's a bad word!)