Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Honestly?

...I haven't been up to much the past few months.

Our youngest boy graduated & will be turning 18 next week. He finally lucked out & was hired for a job today! He has already moved into his own apartment. SO, I'm now officially an empty nest-er!

Regardless, there still has been a fair share of drama around home! I won't go into all that. :(

Everybody already has a pretty good idea of how uncooperative the weather has been, so there's a excuse why I haven't been riding nearly as much as I usually do.

Funds also ran out, so no money to compete as planned... :(

On a good note, I was asked to ride & put some extra miles on a friend's green broke 4 y/o. She was an absolute DOLL! A total JOY to ride! One of the true highlights of my Summer!

Since then, said friend and another friend have been starting to get together more often to ride on a regular basis. :)

I have two things I look forward to... Nearly every weekend to meet up with friends to ride & every other Wednesday I try to meet up with the Platte River Riders (Lincoln) for an evening ride. (Truck broke down one Wednesday... grrrrr!)

More good news! I have a new horse!! A 3 y/o Arabian mare. I will try to keep you all updated on her...

I say "TRY" because I know I'm guilty of neglecting my blogs. Most times I post on Facebook and call it good... (shame, shame on me!!)

It's storming badly here tonight. I hope there will still be a PRR tomorrow. I've been looking forward to it for weeks now! Keep your fingers crossed we don't float away!




2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

3.5" of rain last night here..I hope you did not float away. I enjoy reading your blogs so don't give up!

Christine said...

4 inches here, so far. More to come later this afternoon. Not going to make it to Lincoln after all for the PRR. Gives me more time to blog, eh? Thanks for reading! ;)