Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My First CTR experience~Memory Full!! (Part 1)


When I tried taking just a few more pictures at the MOTDRA Indian Caves ride, my camera came up saying 'Memory Full"!! So I figured that would be a most appropriate title for this blog. :)

Where to begin?? I am not much of a writer, but so many of my friends & supporters have asked & I wanted to share my experience of my first Competitive Trail Ride.

The original plan was to take TAZ, to compete. But after Lil Man, our miniature donkey, attacked her & she came up sore.

I usually alternate riding TAZ & Bling, so they were both pretty much in the same kind of condition.

Arrived at camp Friday evening. Right away Bev Chesnut asked if I wanted to go out with her and finish up marking the trails with her & she could help answer any newbie type questions I might have.

I was in awe of just being out on the trail & enjoying the scenery, I couldn't think of hardl anything to ask!!

Bev & I were out there for about three hours & rode 5.5 miles marking the trails.http://connect.garmin.com/activity/83117926

Saturday was a relaxed day. Spent a lot of time cleaning Bling's pen & keeping her clean for Vet In scheduled around 3:00PM

I waited & waited for Shannon & her new endurance horse, Haily to show up.




She stood wonderfully for the vet.



Trotted out willingly for me & trotted circles both directions like a pro!



2 comments:

whitechicken said...

Christine, so happy for you and Bling !!!! There's no stopping you two now.:)

Val Ewing said...

OHHHH I hope part 2 is about the ride, I can't wait to hear about it.

I'm planning on taking Siera for and LD ride in August!

Whoo!