Friday, March 6, 2009

Couple days off for Bling

I was getting ready to ride this afternoon- when I started checking Bling over for signs of swelling in her legs or sore muscles any where else- I check both before & after a ride.

Today she had some ever so slight sponginess just above her right hind fetlock- (not warm to the touch- at all). After continuing to check her all over- I noticed she had an odd reaction when checking her along the crest of her neck- she would pull her neck away from me & sometime shake her head.

I sent a text to Roxi, my endurance coach. She agreed that the swelling was probably from slipping around in the mud. Even though I took it as easy as I could, NOT trotting in the bad stuff- Bling still did some slipping around.

Roxi also agreed that the tenderness in her neck was probably from me pulling her back down- to keep her at a jog. Bling hasn't been pulling as much as starting out & has stopped flipping her head- She is starting to 'give' a lot better.

Roxi & I discussed the possibility of having an equine chiropractor look Bling over- she 'has' fallen down @ least two times since I've had her!

So- I'm left hosing her legs down (until I get those ice wraps...) a couple times a day & rest.

We have a 70% chance of rain & thunderstorms both Saturday into Sunday- I guess it'll be alright to give her those days off.

...Times like these, I'm so glad I have good ole, reliable TAZzy-wazzy...

No comments: