Friday, March 6, 2009

Riding going well

Last night's ride on Bling went well- It was my 2nd solo ride... No hubby driving along behind me...

Neighbor stopped us- so we probably spent an hour standing there visiting.

Took things pretty easy, as the ground was pretty soggy- I didn't want to tear the ground up too bad, or the farmers won't let me ride out there anymore!

Got back onto the dirt road and came up on a farm with 3 dogs running loose. I knew they would charge right up to Bling- so I was 'ready'... Bling looked, but did not bolt. :)

We even got to see how she would handle the noise of a Harley! While I was in town I heard the bike... so I rode around in search of it!! The little bar in town is famous for having several 'biker regulars' so, I was hoping to get Bling familiar with the noise.

I asked the man to go ahead & start it up (that seems to be when they are the loudest!) He reaved the motor & I had Bling walk right up to him & she let him pet her!! What a GOOD GIRL!! :P

The ONE thing she was worried about while we were out riding was a small branch laying on the ground. She went spinning around to get a way from it- guess it looked like a big snake, stretched out sunning itself?

I am really enjoying Bling- I am amazed how well things are going with her!

Not to leave TAZ out- I'm still riding her... But, as far as spooking & being 'silly' I can almost say Bling is the 'calmer' of the two!

1 comment:

All Who Wander said...

Christine,

Glad to hear you are back at it! I'm getting to love those Saddlebreds and Saddlebred crossed Arabians. Honestly, what could be better than gaiting down the trail for comfort?

Keep at it....maybe I can someday drag you to Indiana and we'll ride?

~E.G.