
Did you ride yesterday? I did! It was in the 50's, bright- sunny & surprisingly there was no wind!
I had my husband follow me in his truck- I was hoping to get at least 5 miles in & wanted the security of knowing someone would be around if something went wrong.
Bling & I headed into town to warm up. She really likes to GO & was trotting through town.
I saw the dog- he was tied up (so I wasn't worried, right?!) Well, Bling didn't see it until it barked at her at the very last second. She startled & tried to stop, but slipped... & down we went! She fell over onto her side & I just sorta rolled off. (I can still hear the echo of my husband saying "sh**" from the truck...)
Her lip was bleeding, her teeth cut the upper/inner part of her lip & she has a scuff on her gaskin muscle- after checking her over & walking her around to see if she had a limp anywhere, I hopped back on & down to the neighbor's we went.
We only rode maybe a 1/2 mile over to my neighbor's & probably spent an hour sitting there on her, visiting with him. Probably rode 3 miles, total.
Later in the afternoon I put the halter on Bling & took her back into town. I led her all over to see all the dogs & a couple other horses that live on the other edge of town. We probably walked 2 miles....
She seems no worse for wear from that experience. I'm sure her lip is a little sore- but her attitude is fine. I just feel bad it happened at all.
It has cooled off & probably will remain so for several days- time to pick up the shovel and finish manure duty...

No comments:
Post a Comment