
This is my new horse, Bling- a 9 year old Saddlebred mare. She was just standing around in my neighbor's pasture- his intentions were to breed her to his jack, for a mule foal. His jack is 'jenny' sour- she never got bred!
I haven't had too many chances to try her out yet. I worked with her several times in the round pen- she was pretty nervous at first. She has settled down quite a bit. I think she likes the routine.
I've tried riding her a few times- mostly in the dry lot. Again, she was nervous- as I was too. The last time a rode her, I took a chance with her out in the pasture. She did GREAT!
I am excited to try her out more. I will feel more confident about her once I've had the chance to take her out and ride her for several miles. I hope she's not jumpy about traffic, deer & other 'stuff'.

No comments:
Post a Comment