Weather stinks! Suppose I'm being a weenie- it's 29 degrees out with a wind chill of 17 degrees. I've ridden colder temps- but I despise the WIND!! Not only is it cold- you have to worry about what might blow around and scare your horse/mule!!
I am so mentally drained!! I have been on the hunt for another saddle- a saddle for Bling. I have been using my Wintec & it seems to suit her just fine- but, I'm having confidence issues and am looking for a lil bit more security...
I have considered Synergist Saddles as I have always dreamed of having one, then I've considered Specialized because it's adjustable... I've considered Colombian made- Paso Fino type saddles, as they are 'cheap'!!
I 'think' I have it narrowed down to a Stonewall Saddle.... I am still LOST on what I should/ should not do...
The Barb Wire blog- has convinced me that maybe Stonewall is the saddle to consider...
I have an appointment with Roxi Wellington of Sidney, IA- who does A LOT of endurance rides. Took 7th @ the Freeze R Burn (not sure what class she entered...) http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/umecra/message/1393
I will probably wait & ask her opinion, as last I saw she was using a Bob Marshall- (I don't really want to go treeless...)
I AM looking forward to Sunday- Roxi says to show up around 1:PM so I can work Bling in confines of her indoor arena & she will evaluate her suitability for LD/endurance... Then later, around 2:PM take TAZ out for a 10 mile conditioning ride. I'm SO EXCITED!! I feel so lucky to have a serious competitor close by to guide me!
...Meanwhile I am taking into consideration Endurance Granny's last 'conditioning blog' Seems a like a good goal to start with, as I don't expect to be doing 50's PLUS right away!! Thanks E.G. for always posting useful information!!
Keeping you updated- with all my best,
Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment