Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taking the day off- not really!!


Today's temps will read as decent- but we have WIND. They say we'll reach 30 degrees, but will feel more like 15 degrees- YUCK!!

I would have rode TAZ today- but she will end up getting a good work out tomorrow @ Roxi's- if all is still 'a GO'.

I have to admit I am EXTREMELY nervous about hauling the two, ( TAZ & Bling) by myself. My husband is working this weekend- night shift- so I couldn't ask him to stay up & help me haul- & he would in a heartbeat, then just nap in the truck... I really need to learn how to do this on my own!

For Christmas he even bought me a GPS for the truck- so I can just type in directions to find my way ANY WHERE- Still makes me nervous. I suppose it will get easier with practice?

There are friends of mine out there- having some of the same concerns I have. Whether or not it's right to have a desire to compete- if it's worth it, risks & all- but there are risks in EVERYTHING, every day-

Sometimes I feel I'M being selfish for having dreams- Blah, blah, blah- what it cost, time away from family, what if my equine isn't happy &/or in pain- I have wasted YEARS being a WORRIER!!

Strength comes from stepping out of your comfort zone! Any body who give you a guilt trip about it, wants you around for their own selfish reasons. I will not blame ANY BODY in my life for that! I have the BEST family & friends I could ever hope for!!

It feels weird to share such deep emotion- but it helps me & I hope it will help others- GO WITH YOUR GUT!! Go for it- JUST RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE!!!

With that all said- I need to get outside, brush that layer of mud off TAZ & generally just clean up around the barn, stalls, etc.

Enjoy what'we' can- Tomorrow will be busy enough!!



1 comment:

All Who Wander said...

What is life without dreams? It is hard to counter the "guilt factor" and the "worry factor."

Having almost slid in front of a snow truck on black ice Wednesday morning, I'm feeling pretty good about my horse stuff! Life is short, and never knowing when that page will turn, I'm with you. Ride on ~E.G.