Well- the truck I just bought, - hubby hit a deer with it last night. Believe me, I am frustrated- but understand it's not entirely his fault...
It's gonna cost the full deductible to fix it...
Makes me reflect on how ridiculous the economy IS- nickel & dime ya' where ever- when ever!!
...Then I think of what it's gonna cost to compete... I'm overwhelmed w/feelings of guilt! They're just dreams... (it WOULD be nice) but these days it's survival to the fittest- "plan ahead & SAVE"!!! ...there are, afterall, families living in 'tent cities... :(
...I REALLY am happy to just be blessed with riding- anywhere! Even IF it is just around the block!
...I'm confused- depressed... Not blaming anybody- just hope to be SMART.
Those are my feelings for now...
3 comments:
Hey Christine -
I just wanted to say that I think I know how you feel. It is hard to justify the cost, not just in entry fees and equipment, but also the "opportunity costs" of taking you away from your family during riding time.
BUT, for me I have SO MUCH FUN riding, and my husband has been so supportive, that I am going to ride when it works. For me that is when I have a plan for what my family will eat (I fix 95% of our meals at home, to save $$), and that our house is clean enough I won't be embarrassed to have company (it really doesn't take THAT long to keep it that way...it's just annoying to do the work). That way I don't feel too guilty about the time thing. I also try to make sure my husband gets plenty of time to do what he wants, since he's been so great to me.
You don't have to compete in EVERY ride, either. Just pick out the first one, to condition for, go to it and see how it goes. For me, I've been having a blast just conditioning, so even if I don't get to compete, I will at least have had fun getting ready.
I hope that helps some, I know how tough it can be to make these decisions. But, take one day at a time and see what happens. Who knows how tomorrow will turn out?
Good luck!
Christine,
I truly can relate to many of the issues you are struggling with. It is sad that women as a group feel guilty about so many things! Especially those things that might make us happier people. I know my attitude is way more positive when I get some ride time. So far I've been lucky enough to do two rides. One a CTR and the other a 30 mile LD. What did I enjoy the most? The hours conditioning my horse. Those wonderful trail miles with the goal just a little out of reach. So maybe your goal will be one this year? Don't give up. Hugs! ~E.G.
Thank you both for your support! I hope to not let 'us' down!
Post a Comment