Friday, February 20, 2009

Thanks E.G.!!

A big "THANK YOU" goes out to Endurance Granny!! She 'made up' my new blog photo of TAZ. I thought she did such an awesome job on hers- I hoped she would help me with mine. She did & I just love it!!

Today was a pretty easy going day. Hubby hooked up my trailer for Sunday. (I REALLY need to learn how to do this myself someday!!) Then, I fetched Bling to see how well she would load.

At first attempt- she got right in, but slipped around a bit. MY BAD, as I should have put some shavings in there for her & the trailer was kind of parked facing 'down' our driveway. With the mud on her hooves- of course she's gonna slip a little- duh!!

Pulled the truck a bit further down the driveway to set it more level. Bling wouldn't get in!! It took several tries, then she got back in- No sweat!!

Brushed & saddled her up for a short practice ride around the pasture. Hubby was using his chainsaw to 'clean up' down in our woods- so I thought I'd see how she'd react around such noise. Was not a problem!! :)

She really IS out of shape- as we took it pretty easy. I only worked up the courage to canter her once up the pasture & she was blowing a little. I'm probably just a worry wort- but I don't want to give her any negative ideas of what I'm doing with her.

After nearly an hour of riding, I took her back to the trailer. This time she loaded right back in. I don't think loading will be a problem. Tomorrow I will try closing the divider to see how she reacts to it.

Tied her up & brushed her off. Then, I let her stand tied for about another hour. It was hilarious to look out the window and see her yawning like she had been rode hard all day!!

It was a pretty nice day weather wise. I was tempted to saddle up TAZ & ride her a bit- but she beat me to the punch & rolled, covering herself in the thickest layer of wet mud. Forget it!! I'll try tomorrow.

THANKS AGAIN- E.G.!!

1 comment:

All Who Wander said...

Christine,

Try a little sand on your floor. Gives it some "grit". ~E.G.