(...I know, I'm a lucky dog!!) :P
It's going to reach into the 50's here today! So- you bet, I'm going riding!!! Think I'll saddle up TAZ today, since her feet have been done. I didn't get her EasyBoots- as the gal didn't have her size, a tiny 000!
I may 'pony' Bling along or just saddle her up later and take her for a spin in her new boots... She was so cute the first time we put them on- she looked like a real Saddlebred picking her front feet up WAY HIGH in the air!
I will be thinking of all my Blogging Buddies out there- wishing you were here to ride with me & hoping this warmer weather heads your way soon!
...more later...
5 comments:
Christine,
I think I hate you *LOL*! Just kidding, glad someone is getting to ride. What area of the country do you live?
Hey E.G.! I live in Iowa- (South Western part) Wish you were near- so we could ride together!! Thanks for posting!
What is your terrain like? Is Iowa flat? I know nothing about Iowa. Do you have many rides scheduled close? Are you going to do CTR's or LD's? I wish we had CTR's out here, they are more my granny pace, but, we have endurance so I'm stickin' to it. We live near the Ohio river valley, so the terrain here in my area is pretty diverse. No mountains, but plenty of hill country. I'm about an hour and half from Henryville where the AERC Nationals were held in 2008. Hoping to train Phebes there in March. Glad to have you visit my blog :) E.G.
There are CTR's & LD/endurance all around here, but usually have to travel 100+ miles to get to 'em. (I've been guilty of using gas prices as an excuse...) Guess we're lucky- I wouldn't know, I've been too chicken to try any yet. There are more LD's/endurance down South- in MO... CTR's in basically the same areas- one in NE (Indian Cave) & one in Iowa (Steven's Forest 'Fall Fiesta'- toward the Fall. A couple down towards Kansas City, MO... I've always hoped to have someone compete along with me when I finally take the dive, but...
If you're interested, I'll send you the season's schedule. (?)
...Terrain? I mostly ride the roads- dirt & gravel- as 'farmers' are usually 'tight wads' about riding their land. (liability). I try as often as I can, to ride along side the road in the ditches. There are-some gently rolling hills, but there are areas (the bluffs) that you can haul to and do "hill work" on. (Waubonsie State Park)
Did I leave anything out??
I enjoy your blog & have learned a lot- especially not to give up on my dream of competiting- THANKS! Keep up the good work! I will be supporting you!!
Christine,
You may want to visit the AERC site and see if there are any mentors in your area. I've been lucky that almost all of my training rides I've had someone to ride along, and my mentor is going to ride with me on my first LD with this horse. It has been so helpful to have someone to answer questions and point me in the right direction.
Wish I could come to Iowa, but on my finances I'll be lucky to make a few rides here in Indiana. ~E.G.
Post a Comment