Monday, February 2, 2009

My very first pony!



Thought you all might get a kick out of this... this picture was taken in 1984 of me with my very first pony- Chubbs!


I lived in town, but my Aunt kept him at her place in the country- with my cousins ponies. I was 14 & a little big for him- but I didn't care, I had my very own pony!!
...playing cowboys & indains... But I don't see a cowboy! LOL

How about you?? Do you have a picture with your very first pony/horse? I'd love to see 'em!


1 comment:

All Who Wander said...

Christine,

My first pony started me on my horse obsession. When I was about nine years old my uncle bought a beautiful sorrel pony named ROCKY. He was trained to drive a buggy. I loved that pony, but my Dad didn't want me on it, near it, or around it. I thought about that beautiful sorrel pony all the time. When I was about twelve, my Uncle sold it, and I cried like I'd lost my best friend (that I never really got to have). But the experience did inspire in me a desire for horses, and my dream to ride LD. So those little ponies sure do have an impact on little girl's hearts. ~E.G.